Friday, June 1, 2007

Hopeful

I'm hopeful...I think. Not the kind of blindly optimistic kind of hope that I had at the beginning of this journey, but the "maybe this is the month" kind of hope. I went in Wednesday for an US and everything looks good and primed. Last month's follicle is gone and there are plenty on both sides ready to ripen. Started clomid 50 mg on the same day. I have done months and months of clomid, both 50 and 100 mg, but this is only the second month that we have done US along with the medication. I have always had mostly regular periods, positive OPKs, and cervical mucous changes so there was never a thought that I wasn't ovulating. I switched doctors when IUI was the next step as my regular OB does not perform them. To some degree it feels like starting all over again. The new doctor has some different ideas and different monitoring practices. I had a theory....a good one too I might add. And no this was not just a theory to make myself feel better - okay, maybe a little. Last month my day 10 US showed that my follicle was 1.86 mm - ready and ripe. Since the little bugger was on the "wrong" side (my right) we did nothing. But of course I continued to monitor my cycle like a hawk. I ovulated 6 days later on my own. Hmmmm, I thought. If the follicle was ready at day 10, shouldn't I have ovulated sooner? So here is my theory- my follicle is not being released at the right time - a bit like an apple staying on a tree too long and by the time it drops, it's rotten. There are two main reasons I need to believe this theory. First - this is the first indication of something that is truly amiss. I know that I should be thanking my lucky stars that the docs have not been able to find a problem - but I'm a "let's roll up our sleeves and fix this" kind of gal. And with nothing wrong, there is nothing to fix, and nothing to DO. Second - is that IUI with Noravel will potentially solve this problem. Naive - maybe, but hopeful still.

No comments: