Monday, June 25, 2007

Lemons

We have a little wooden plaque that I see everyday as I come down the stairs. It's one of those household things that have been there for so long that you don't really pay attention to it most times. Yesterday I paused and read it again, it says:

When Life gives you lemons, smile politely and throw them away when Life isn't looking.

Funny little thing right? Not deep, just a kooky little saying. However, I started thinking about all the platitudes (aka - lemonade) that us IFers get during a failed cycle. "Maybe it just wasn't meant to be this time around" "God has a plan" "You don't know it now, but there is a reason why it didn't work". And while all of that very well may be true, no amount of trying to find the "good" in a failed cycle really helps me. A failed cycle is just that, no hidden message, no great reveal of the universe's grand plan for my life, it is just a failed cycle. So, I get up, brush myself off, throw out the lemons and start over again.

Tomorrow I go for my cd3 us...should have been a beta. I'm still feeling sane, which is a welcome change, just a little blue. Thanks for the love and support and comments., I can't believe how much a couple of simple, kind words from a stranger can lift me back up.

No comments: