Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wonderings


Today was pretty low key. We all slept in, even my daughter. Must be the weather. It is cold, overcast and looks like it will rain any minute. We went to an indoor pool, then to a park while my dad played in a softball game in an "Old Timer's" league. Nothing too exciting, but that is certainly okay with me. We leave tomorrow after lunch. We will get home just in time for me to go to sleep for couple of hours then go to work for the night. I usually work 12 hour shifts and tomorrow I will work an 8 - so the night should fly by.

Spending this time with my mom makes me wonder what my daughter will be like in the years to come. My mom and I couldn't be more different. She has never worked - although she has a B.S. in Chemistry (I SUCK at Chemistry - my only D in college, and I work full time), she hates to shop (I believe strongly in retail therapy), the only name brand items she has in her possession comes from the thrift shop - where she works (I have a personal relationship with Coach, Talbots, etc). I love my mom, I do. And I admire how simply she lives her life, with virtually no regard for materialistic needs. She saved a receipt from her grocery trip the other day where she saved 59% by buying items on sale. So I wonder what my daughter will choose to disregard when she is older - hopefully it will be something as benign as shopping.

I took a 2 hour nap today. My first thought was that...Oooh, I'm tired, this must be an early pregnancy symptom (damn you twoweekwait.com!). But- I stayed up until 1:30 am last night. And I am almost ALWAYS tired - working full time nights will do that to a gal. My adenomyosis pain has not kicked in yet, just a few little twinges. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

Thank you for comments, it is very comforting to me to know that there are women out there that can relate to what I am going through.

No comments: