Monday, July 2, 2007

Let the insanity begin

New pictures of Z.
This one I call "Twirly Girl"









It's been a nice few days. I made the decision not to blog while I was at my brother's, just trying to leave IF in Vermont for a few days. It was mayhem when I arrived....it always is. My 9 year old niece was having a dental crisis. It resulted in 3 teeth being pulled somewhat urgently. She is okay, but the trip to the dentist almost cost us our night out on the town, almost. So with the kids safely at home, no one bleeding to death from the mouth, we went out to dinner. The restaurant that we went to was a very hip and trendy place with a roof top bar. I have to say that I felt like the quintessential country bumpkin. Mind you, I went to college, lived in a big city and had a pretty active social life way back when. BUT, it's been years since I've been to a bar like that, I had a hard time maneuvering through the crowd. After dinner we went to ANOTHER bar where the music was so loud that you could not hear yourself think, let alone anyone else talk. We had a fabulous time. The night was peppered with the kids calling to find out when we would be home. My SIL was very smart and never gave an exact time, always just saying "pretty soon". In total I had 3 beers and 2 appletinis - I can't remember when the last time I had more than a glass of wine. All in all a spectacular night.

The rest of the weekend was swimming, walks, grilling out and shopping. What more could a girl want? The only hiccup in the weekend was C calling to tell me that the 40th anniversary party would now be taking place on Saturday (the same day as my daughter's birthday party). I wouldn't mind it so much if the anniversary party wasn't so last minute, and I feel like I will now lose a bit of control of how things are handled. This is no longer a party that I am throwing, and will have to coordinate everything through the in laws. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I wanted this to be Z's day. Also, if I was to say no, then I am the bad guy, everyone else is in agreement on the change of plans.

ANYWAY, trying not to dwell on that. Saw Dr. Old Timer today. I've got 2 nice follies on the LEFT!!!! Absolutely nothing on the right. Yippppppppeeeeeeee. So I seen him on Wednesday for another u/s and then the trigger injection. Right now the plan is for the IUI to take place at 8 pm on Thursday. This all works out perfectly with my work schedule, I don't have to panic about getting someone to work for me. Actually, I just realized that I don't even have to tell anyone at work. The timing couldn't be better.

No comments: