Monday, July 23, 2007

I'd like a couple more, please

So welcome to cd3. Did I mention that I am already not optimistic about this cycle? Maybe if I set me expectations low, then I might be pleasantly surprised. Dr. O.T. was not even in the room for 2 minutes when he asked "So how many more times are we going to do this?" What the hell?! We've done 2 cycles of IUI, one with a poor sperm count, and one with a larger follicle on the side without a fallopian tube. Am I asking too much to do this at least a couple more times before I consider spending money that we don't have? His retirement is imminent - sometime in September, so I only have 2 more potential times with him, then what does he care what I do? I feel like he is not really paying attention to the details of my situation- not a terribly reassuring quality in a doctor is it? For example, I talked to him about my lining and lack of CM changes since the trigger injections. He doesn't think anything of the lack of CM at ovulation, and as far as the lining goes - he thinks it is "just fine". So why did he tell me last month that the likely reason for my bizarre AF was a poor lining? He asked if I had had an endometrial biopsy, which I have not. But then says he doesn't want to do one and waste a cycle. So I suggest that if I ovulate on the right side this month, can we do the biopsy. He says "Oh, that's a good idea - you're really thinking about this aren't you?" Dumbass.....this is ALL I think about!

So that is the plan as of now. I start clomid 50 mg tonight. US again on cd10 (Monday). If there are promising follicles on the left, then we do another IUI, if follicles on the right we will do an endometrial biopsy around cd24. Dr. O.T. all but ran out the door after the US, so I didn't get a chance to ask him what they would be looking for with the biopsy. I'm sure that I will start surfing the net for an answer, but if anyone can give me some advice or information, I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I've been meaning to mention the honor that was bestowed to our little state - Springfield, VT - home of the Simpsons! They had the movie premier in a LITTLE theatre, and all over town it is Simpsons mania. I passed a diner today that had specials of "Bart's Breakfast Buffet" and "Homer's Haddock". Simpsons' cut outs are all over town - it is hysterical!

No comments: