Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Life Lessons Found in Blueberry Bushes

Toady is 1 dpiui! And I'm in the infamous 2ww. Last night went without a hitch. Everything from childcare to specimen collection to procedure went amazingly well. The IUI itself, which usually is quite painful for me, was just fine - no squeezing C's hand or making facial contortions as Dr. O.T. was pulling my cervix forward....thank you retroverted uterus. Also, C's swimmers looked good. So as we were driving home, I had a wave of optimism and hope....but of course I did not want to say as much - I don't want to jinx it.

So this morning Z and I headed up the hill to the IL's. They have a pick your own blueberry farm with about 300 bushes. The picking has been amazing - blueberries the size of grapes (large grapes). Of course Z eats as much as she picks, and she has a grand time. One of the things that has always fascinated me is that you can stand in one spot and pick for awhile, then you when you think you have picked that bush empty, if you change your position even ever so slightly, you may find an untapped batch - that was right under your nose. So my lesson that I re-learned today was: if you change you perspective - even just a little, you may find opportunities that you never even knew were there. I am trying to apply this to my IUI. If it fails again, then I am going to need to start looking at my life a little differently - who knows what I might find.

In the meantime, beta is set for August 15 if no AF. I'm trying not to obsess, but I feel pretty good about this one - why is that so scary to admit?

No comments: