Sunday, August 26, 2007

Change

I'm considering a change....changing the name of this blog to "The Toilet Paper Diaries". My whole life seems to hang in the balance of what I find on the toilet paper. I was bounding along, just fine - even a little happy and light. Then the damn EWCM shows up and I am a mess. Why is it happening so early? Am I ovulating on the right this month? (4 in a row on the left seems like too much to ask). How can I completely rearrange my schedule - without messing up everyone else's- to accommodate this biological change that I have absolutely no control over? In one wipe I go from normal average human being to crazed IFer.

I was doing so well, but now that I haven't done any monitoring....I'm not sure what exactly I should be obsessing over right now. I am actually thankful for my adenomyosis pain, because if I start up with that in the next couple of days, I will know that I did really ovulate early. It is possible that I am in the 2ww right now, and don't even really know it. Maybe I will take Hez's advice and sleep as much as I can, to get through the next couple of weeks.

This weekend went well, hectic, but well. We have been shopping, out to eat, bowling, napping, watched a DVD, scattered with brief relaxation - and that was just Saturday. Sunday was more shopping, manicures with the nieces, errands, watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (or as Z calls it: Chitty Bang BANG), dinner, then the drive back to Vermont. It was quite the whirlwind weekend - it almost always is down there, but most enjoyable. Usually the kids are involved in so many activities that we don't get much time to sit down and talk for any period of time. My eldest niece is 13, and I was able to dole out some much needed advice about boys. I believe the pinnacle of the wisdom I bestowed was that at this age she should not date any boys that ride motorcycles. They are very good kids, but caught up in the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality that comes with living in an affluent community. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that 9 going on 10 years old is a little young to be seriously looking at purchasing a Coach purse.

So now we are back at our humble Vermont abode. I have the morning to myself which I may or may not spend cleaning. Warning: TMI shared in the following...... We had a botched "rendezvous" last night. Both of us were exhausted, and C had some performance issues. These seem to happening a little more frequently in the last couple of months. I know there is a lot of pressure, and I try not to make a big deal of it - because that only adds to the pressure....but when it happens, I am devastated. He only has ONE job in all of this- and of all the things that I endure - his job is not so bad - at least I hope it isn't! I don't feel like I can express to him exactly how big of a deal this is to me, because it will just add to the stress of the situation next time. This morning we hardly spoke. Right as he was walking out the door he grabbed me and gave me a big bear hug, which was needed, but then says "I feel kind of bad about last night". KIND OF?! I know I need to talk with him about this, but I am dreading it.

3 comments:

waitingforanother said...

We had a problem with performance this month too. I was glad to read your post because I'm not alone. We were supposed to do it as much as we could over the course of 2 days but that turned into one time. I want to get mad but, like you, I know it will just create more problems. The more pressure, the worse it gets. Once someone told me when they found out we had been trying for a while, at least you can have fun trying. I am sure they never went through infertility.

eden said...

Oh, good luck with the talk with your hubby, I hope it goes ok. That must be hard. (Ahem, pardon the pun - maybe that's what you can tell him? Just walk up and say "That must be hard". And walk off).

Seriously, I really wish you the best for all of this - the Toilet Paper Diaries is a great name!
xoxo

AR said...

thanks for visiting me on my blog, minus one. Our situations are similar, aren't they? I'll hit the big 40 in just 6-plus months!! I can't believe it. Good luck with everything and with your daughter. No one told me age 3 was so challenging. She cries hysterically when I leave her at school, but when her dad drops her off, nada. It is a new school, so I am anticipating some adjustment issues but still ... I can't imagine working with moms and babies all day. I'm still at the point where I enjoy seeing babies and talking to pregnant moms, but I'd freak if I had to do it all day. More power to you!