Friday, August 24, 2007

This is new

Well, I actually lost it tonight at work. I had two patients back to back that have less than desirable prenatal histories (I am putting that very mildly). Both smoke, one admitted to 1.5 packs per day - which we always assume that the patient under reports their actual amount. Both of course were unplanned pregnancies....I could go on, but I won't.

For the last few days I have been in a very good mental place. This "off" cycle has done wonders for me. And even though I know that I've been stressed, I had no idea to what extent until I threw my bbt chart out the window. Maybe it is the extra time in my schedule that I don't have to rush off to doctor's appointments! Maybe it is because the only thing in my "chickie" these days is my DH. (Did I go too far with that one?).

So after my mental collapse at work I go to the bathroom and have monster EWCM. WTF? It is only cd 9! I haven't had any CM changes since we started IUIs so this was a bit of a surprise to say the least. Now we are not doing any monitoring, but I was certainly going to give this the ol' natural try this month. CD9 ovulation does NOT fit into my social/sleep schedule. C is taking Z to the babysitter's this morning so I can sleep. I will only get maybe 4 hours of sleep then I pick her up, come home and pack so as soon as C gets home from work we will drive 2.5 hours to my brother's house for the weekend - where we are watching my 13 and 10 year old nieces for the weekend. So when do we fit in a rendezvous?

2 comments:

Topcat said...

Oh, I hope the rendezvous went *ahem* well!! And that you had a good weekend.

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Me too luv. Still reading just too sick to leave many messages. Off cycles are good, for many reasons and I highly recommend throwing out the charting, did me a world of good :)
XXX