Friday, August 3, 2007

Phone Calls

I just did a scary thing. I made an appointment at the "big" hospital at an actual (in)fertility clinic. I am only 3dpiui, but I am anticipating the next step. My temperatures have not really elevated, so now I am questioning what really happened in the 36 hours between trigger and IUI. Knowing that sometimes it can be awhile to get an appointment, I decided to be proactive. The consultation is on September 12. Another reason for making the call is that I am beginning to trust my doctor less and less. It doesn't help that I work with him and I see how he treats other patients. He has done a couple of things this last week that I would consider negligent. That is not the kind of practitioner that I want mucking around with my innards, and holding the fate of a pregnancy in his hands. As I have said before, I don't think that he knows my case very well, and does not really listen to my concerns - so off I go to change doctors once again. I still have hope that I will need to cancel aforementioned appointment, but just in case I will start collecting all my records.

I've been quite busy on the phone today actually. The insurance company even gave me some good news - well, not bad news - for me to go to the big fancy teaching hospital will only cost me a $200 deductible plus 20%. Insurance should cover the consultation and anything that is diagnostic, but no treatments. I'll jump off that bridge if/when we get there. Speaking of jumping off of bridges, I also called my therapist - unfortunately she is out of town on a family emergency.....so I don't know when I'll hear back from her. I also called my acupuncturist - I haven't seen her in months. My final phone call was to the preschool that Z is starting in the fall to find out the schedule for the first couple of weeks. She will be going to "orientation" on Aug 30.

No comments: