Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ectopic

So ultrasound today was interesting. I now have a new diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy...which had been whispered about early on with the way my betas went, but I certainly never really took it seriously (silly me) because I only have one tube. Although they did not see a heartbeat, and therefore cannot say with 100% certainty that is an embryo in the tube...even I could see the gestational and yolk sac. I thought this appointment was going to be a quick ultrasound then a prescription for the miso, it turned out to be much more involved. I was there for a total of about 3 1/2 hours. I had to have labs drawn and processed before they would even mix up the methotrexate. My beta went up (WTF?) since the last draw. I am now out from work until at least Monday, no folic acid or alcohol for me, and I cannot travel very far away from the hospital "just in case". Oh, and I asked for an antidepressant today.....

15 comments:

bb said...

Cr@p!! The fun keeps going, right? So sorry to read this news, and you are in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

I Believe in Miracles said...

Oh no. Oh BIG HUGS. Praying for you.

nancy said...

Oh goodness. Wishing you all the non-scary vibes.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Ugh, sorry to hear that this is dragging on and getting more involved.

I hope that everything resolves quickly. In the meantime, please take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

ugh. oh, i'm so sorry lady. this is just terrible news. i'll be thinking of you this weekend.

G$ said...

Ugh, I am so sorry. I hope the meth works quickly (as sad as that is).

A Decade of BFNs said...

From LFCA ~ I am so sorry about the ectopic. I know words are not enough. ((((((((((huggs)))))))))

A n T said...

Here from LFCA: (((Hugs))) I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself.....rent some movies, cry, scream, do whatever is needed to help get you through the days.

Shinejil said...

I'm so sorry. I had an ectopic and two rounds of meth to end it. It was terrible. It took me a couple months to feel more or less normal again, so take all the time you need.

Get LOTS of rest and make sure you get plenty of iron via food (you're off vitamins, about to lose blood, and not making any new red blood cells thanks to the meth).

twondra said...

Here from L&F. I'm sooo sorry. (((HUGS))) Thinking of you

Anonymous said...

just checking in to see how you're doing.

Eb said...

Hope you are doing ok. EB

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd poke my head in and send you some warm wishes! Thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

just thinking of you and hoping you're doing better these days.

Mo said...

Ugh. I am so sorry.

Mo