Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Betas betas everywhere

I don't think I mentioned what my beta was after my ultrasound. It was 1415 and that was pretty much the nail in the coffin...so to speak. I went out of town this weekend, mostly just to get my mind off of all the usual. We spent it with family, and although we did not talk directly about what was going on, it was very healing. Both my parents wrapped me up in a huge hug and simply said "we love you so much" and that was enough to lift up my soul. The only thing that was hard was that there was some chit chat about two of my cousins who have had twins via IVF in the last year and of course there was baby talk about them.

Unfortunately nothing has happened on the miscarriage front. I am at the point where I have mended (at least somewhat) on the emotional front and I just want to move on. My manager called this morning (not the same person that sent me the amazing email) and asked when I was coming back. Apparently there was a little miscommunication about my time off and they were expecting me there today. I was really hoping to go back by Thursday, but that doesn't look like that will happen. Since I have had no bleeding (only some very light and very small amount of spotting) they wanted me to repeat my beta today (it was 685) and follow up with an ultrasound tomorrow. Because of the slow rise of my betas they are concerned about a tubal pregnancy...what are the odds of the that, considering I only have one tube. Anyway, if they can rule out a tubal, and I still have not had a flow, then it looks like misoprostol for me.

I just want this chapter to be over. I have already started to calculate when I would likely cycle again...maybe fourth time will be a charm for me. Maybe we will switch things up a bit and do a 3dt. I'm sure they will also want to check an FSH with my next AF. In the meantime, I've got to get back on the exercise band wagon and focus on my diet...I have been doing nothing but emotional eating for the last few weeks...and it is starting to show.

3 comments:

bb said...

Thinking about you and wishing you the best.

nancy said...

You deserve to have a little emotional eating. But getting back into your excercise and eating routine will also be good for you.

I'm glad you felt so loved this weekend. Your parents sound wonderful.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Oh sweetie. I'm so sorry. I really wish it had not ended this way for you this cycle.
~~BIG HUG~~