Friday, February 6, 2009

More Beta news

I'm not even sure where to start. Yesterday would have been my due date from IVF#1/miscarriage. I was sad, and funky, but was relieved to have some good news with my last beta and a smidgen of hope.

Today I was called in to work and I thought "well, this will be good, I will work today and all weekend and it will keep my mind off the impending ultrasound on Monday". I've been having some pregnancy symptoms and was expecting to have a nice jump today. The nurse on Wednesday said she was hoping the beta would be in the 1,000 range. Today's beta is...drum roll please.....874. Fuck! Now it has done it's 66% rise in 48, so officially things are still okay. But the nurse also said that for as far along as I am, 23dpo, she would expect the number to be higher. And then....I lost it. I went into 3 separate fits of uncontrollable crying while trying to hide myself away from my co-workers. I'm getting the double whammy of reliving the miscarriage as well as this freakin' back and forth with the betas. I am trying to hang on to the idea that 1/3 of women don't have a typical rises in their betas, and I now wonder what happens to the betas to those fertiles that don't have all of this lab work. I don't think I ever had a beta with Z.

Anyway, I was able to leave work...well I HAD to leave work, they really didn't have a choice. I would have been circulating and recovering a c-section which means I would have been one on one with this cute little fertile intact family. The idea of having to handle the baby was enough to send me into a small panic attack. So here I am at home, trying to find some sanity so that I can go back in to work tomorrow....and the next day, and not lose my ever lovin' mind.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

~here from cyclesista. Hoping for a good u/s on Monday. I am so sorry your are on a rollercoaster. Hang in there. You can do it.

Eb said...

you sound amazingly brave to me, handling so much emotion and stress. best of luck with the next b/w u/s etc. I shall be keeping it all crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

this has been such a rollercoaster. i'm so sorry this weekend couldn't be more quiet and calm. good luck tomorrow i have all phalanges crossed for your u/s.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Have they talked about an ectopic at all?

I'm so sorry. Fingers are crossed.
~~~HUGS~~~

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you today.