Friday, January 30, 2009

the pain of waiting *update*

Trying my damnedest to live one day at a time. Last beta (on Wed) was 62. Of course I looked this up myself, so I didn't have he benefit of the IVF nurse to ask questions right away. During my last positive cycle my second beta was 97...so I panicked. After fretting about it for awhile, I decided to call the nurse. She was pleased with the number. She said they were looking for it to go up by 66% and since mine more than doubled, it was up by over 100%. I've had some pretty intense cramping the last couple of days which is freaking me out. I've been obsessed with my b.oobs, I can't tell if I am getting used to them or if they have deflated. It is an effort not to feel myself up at work to check 'em out.

I'm about to leave the house for beta #3. Unfortunately I have to have this lab work done at the local hospital, so I won't be able to look up my results...I'll have to do this the old fashioned way and wait for the nurse to call me! I'll post an update when I have it.

*update*
Isn't it amazing how one little phone call can send you into a tailspin? Beta #3 was 80...not good. They wanted it to be over 102. The nurse said "don't lose all hope"...I'm not sure that is possible. She said she has seen all sorts of different things happen with the numbers, but I am not optimistic. I am to continue with my progesterone and next beta will be on Monday. I'm devastated....can't stop crying. I just don't know if I can do this all over again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on beta#2 and good luck with #3! the 2ww is a bitch... my first beta in monday and i've done lost my marbles all week. good thoughts are comin' at ya... look out!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

So sorry to hear about #3, but I would caution you not to count yourself out yet. Sounds like they were done at different places, which could cause some variation in the levels. Were both of the betas at the same time of day? That can make a difference too.

Best of luck on Monday. Take care.

Anonymous said...

ugh i'm so sorry your 3rd beta didn't come in where you want it, but don't give up quite yet. just try to give yourself a few more days of holding on. i know it's easier said than done... this is such a rough period.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I have had cramping on and off since 6 weeks. The nurse told me it's totally normal unless it's accompanied by red spotting.
Hoping your beta is good today. Keep us posted!!!
~~HUGS~~