Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Freakin' clomid

AF finally showed on Monday. I was starting to get a little worried. RE said that AF would probably be light - yeah, not so much. (TMI ahead) And what is worse is that is that same clomid brown particulate type of flow. I have been reassured that my lining will be closely monitored and adjusted with meds, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if this is the source of our problems for the last year (plus) - too much freakin' clomid!

I have an u/s an b/w tomorrow morning, then I will sit in class for 8 hours. I'm looking forward to not being on the unit tomorrow. It has been nuts and I need a little break.

Now, tell me how twisted this is: the other day I took care of a patient who had major substance abuse issues, including during pregnancy. Her baby was delivered prematurely, but even for being premature was small for gestational age (less than 2 lbs). Now, here comes the sick part - did I get emotional about this? - no. Did I start to cry when I overhear a coworker that I barely know tell someone that they just found out she is having a boy? - yes. What is that all about?

I decreased Lupron to 10 units today - thank goodness!

1 comment:

bb said...

Yay for reducing Lupron! I've only been on 10 units all along, so I can't even imagine how bad it's been for you. I go to 5 units on Saturday - assuming tomorrow's sono goes as planned. Good luck!!