Monday, April 7, 2008

Grey Street

So over the weekend, I've been listening to my iPod on my way to work. I keep on stumbling on the song "Grey Street" by the Dave Matthews Band. It strikes a cord in me so deeply and I always cry. I'm not sure why I'm putting myself through the misery of listening to it over and over again, maybe it is somewhat comforting to hear my feelings put in such a beautifully sad song. There is a part of me that needs time to grieve during this process, but I'm often afraid that if I think about it for too long, I won't stop crying. So listening to a song gives me a finite amount of time to grieve...I feel it intensely, but for a short amount of time. (5 minutes and 6 seconds to be exact). Then I move on to something more light and fluffy like "Beer for My Horses" by Toby Keith and Willie Nelson! Anyway here are the portion of the lyrics that touches my soul's soft spot.

She thinks, “Hey,How did I come to this?
I dream myself a thousand times around the world,
But I can’t get out of this place”

There’s an emptiness inside her
And she’d do anything to fill it in
But all the colors mix together - to grey
And it breaks her heart

How she wishes it was different
She prays to God most every night
And though she swears it doesn’t listen
There’s still a hope in her it might
She says, “I pray
But they fall on deaf ears,
Am I supposed to take it on myself?
To get out of this place”

There’s loneliness inside her
And she’d do anything to fill it in
And though it’s red blood bleeding from her now
It feels like cold blue ice in her heart
When all the colors mix together -to grey
And it breaks her heart

If you are interested in hearing the song on YouTube....here is the link:


Hollie...thanks for the comment and support! Good luck with your ER! I have somehow deleted your comment....completely by accident...I'm new to the "moderate comments" button! How many follies/eggs did you have?

I have my appointment with the RE on Wednesday to go over all sorts of details...more then!

1 comment:

bb said...

Found your blog on cyclesista and it looks like we will cycling at about the same time. Good luck to you as you continue this process!