Saturday, September 1, 2007

What's wrong with Carl?

Carl is a little 3 year old that will be in my daughter's pre-school class. Friday morning was "orientation", which was scheduled from 9-11. Carl did not make it for the entire session, and the time that he was there, he spent screaming. I am hoping that he is one of those kids that is an angel while in the care of others, but is most difficult for his parents. Because if he is like this all the time - there is going to have to be an intervention. Now, as much as I would like to think Z is perfect, I will concede that she has her moments. But they are short lived and usually easily resolved. Carl, well.....I think Carl has some problems.

The best part of orientation was meeting a mother that I really clicked with (the same one from the other night). The best part is that she is an "older" mom. She will be 40 next month. I find that most people my age have teenage kids, and the ones that have kids Z's age are in their 20's. I like to think that I am young at heart, and I do have friends that are much younger. But it would be nice to connect with someone who has had similar life experiences that is close to my age. I tried not to be too invasive, but I definitely want to pursue this friendship. She did mention that she thought our daughters would be "thick as thieves" so I'm sure there will be some play dates in our future.

We had a nice delivery at work tonight....then I had an emotional breakdown. It used to be hard to take care of the patients who were the extreme in poor pre-natal care - drug addicts, teenagers, etc. But these days it doesn't seem to matter what the history is, I just don't want to be around pregnant women (fellow bloggers excluded!). Now, since I am a labor and delivery nurse, that is a little hard to avoid. I suppose at the minimum I need a vacation or some kind of respite. I've been thinking about going to the Kripalu Yoga center for a weekend - but that can get a bit pricey. Maybe it's time for a Mommy and Daddy weekend away somewhere, or maybe I need to go away by myself - that sounds really good.

I still don't know what is going on with my cycle. I've only had one "episode" of adenomyosis pain and it was not very intense or lasting very long. Now and again I feel hope creeping in, but then I come to my senses. Besides - I don't want to become an anecdote: "I had a friend that went through infertility treatments and the month she didn't do anything is the month she got pregnant." I just might vomit if that is the case! I'm thinking that I will POAS on Friday the 7th. I will be 14 dp ewcm at that time.

1 comment:

AR said...

hear ye, hear ye, all mothers who are at or nearing 40 and are mothering preschoolers and younger! I am glad you found someone in Z's class with a mom of this sage age. that is great. best wishes to you during this cycle.