Thursday, September 6, 2007

Signs *with update*

So I have been fretting about whether or not to POAS tomorrow. I didn't even have any hpt at home so if I decide that yes I will take the plunge, I needed to go to the drug store before work tonight. If I do POAS, that means that I have some hope that we did what feels like the impossible- make a baby the good ol' fashioned way - no drugs no monitoring. If I do host that hope, it is so small. If I POAS then, if even for a moment, my hopes will rise and I will likely crash. Is it worse to take the test and be disappointed now, or wait and be disappointed when AF arrives? I'm not even sure why I feel the need to do a hpt - I don't feel pg. I haven't done any testing (beta or poas in a few months). We did not have a predictable cycle and our efforts were minimal. And yet....

....I did pick up 3 hpt. While I was in the store, the "family planning" isle was in disarray. When I turned the corner and saw boxes all over the floor and two employees moving shelves around I thought to myself "this is a sign....just keep walking". I did keep walking, but I walked right up to the mess. Fortunately the hpt were safely on the shelf, so I pondered only briefly then grabbed a box. My thoughts are racing, is this a bad idea? I feel like I am taking contraband to the register. As I am waiting at the check out there is a young dude trying to pay for some hard iced tea. He paid part in cash ($2) and wanted to put the remaining $5.03 on his debit card. The card was repeatedly declined. Finally he left - the person directly in front of me told the cashier that it was a sign that he shouldn't be drinking alcohol. What's with all the talk about "signs"!

Well, signs be damned, I even brought the hpt into work with me in case I had a strong desire to get it over with during the night. So I would love some opinions... waddya think I should do?

*Thanks for the reminder about mentioning dpo Artblog! I'm not really sure what dpo this is. Going strictly by one day of EWCM I would be 14 dpo today (Friday). I think I O'd early this month (on cd 9) but because I am doing absolutely no monitoring, I don't have a real good grasp on this cycle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depends on how many dpo you are, i cant quite work it out unless I missed it in your post :) X

AR said...

hard to know ... I'd tend to wait unless you are taking some medication that you will want to d/c if you are pregnant. well that's probably no help, because you are on meds right? (like me and everyone else ... ads?) Good luck from wishy washy me.