Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Ferility" clinic

Tomorrow is our appointment with the big scary (in)fertility clinic. I had mentioned my amusement of the whole "fertility" clinic idea to one of my co-workers. I think it is absurd, let's just call it what is it. My friend says "well maybe it is called a fertility clinic because they are trying to make you fertile". My response was so why don't they call a cancer clinic a "remission clinic". She didn't have much to say after that.

The last 24 hours have been brutal. Last night at work was a nightmare - 2 deliveries within 11 minutes of each other. It wouldn't be bad if there weren't only 2 nurses. And there are supposed to be 2 nurses in attendance for each delivery. Well, needless to say that did not happen, and I ended up with twice the amount of work. To make it even more fun, this all happened about an hour before the end of my shift...so I was there for another 2 1/2 hours past the end of my shift finishing up paperwork. As one of the docs said last night - the medical profession has finally come to the point where it takes longer to do the paperwork involved than it does to actually treat the patient - so true.

Anyway, I'm spotting ever so slightly. The kind that no one but an infertile would notice. So, I guessing that AF will arrive in the next day or so. I am trying to get all the paperwork gathered and Z's clothes and lunch ready for tomorrow so we can leave without a hitch nice and early.

I'm sorry that I have not been commenting on many blogs in this last week- I just haven't had the energy. I AM reading, and SO thrilled for those of you who are basking in the glow of BFPs.

No comments: