Monday, November 5, 2007

Hiatus

So I haven't been doing anything related to fertility this month....I mean, I don't even know what cd I'm on....couldn't tell you if I marked day one on my calendar for future reference even. It has been nice, sort of. The daily stress is not there which is absolutely freeing. But, I also feel like we are wasting precious time by not doing anything. Of course we are giving it the ol' college try the natural way, but I am less than optimistic that it will work that way. I originally had an appointment with the RE for Monday of this week, but I rescheduled. It seemed a little premature as I don't even know if I will be offered this new job. No new job = no IVF. I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse for once in my life. My interview is on Wednesday...not sure how long it will be before they make a decision.

So today I dusted off my keyboard. Sent out some long over due emails to friends that I have ignored in written correspondence (but never in thought). A dear friend of mine had a baby in May....MAY!! and I just got around to telling her congratulations today. Her email started with something like "I was wondering if I had the right email address for you". I didn't realize how much emotion I have been choking back until I started to write this email and explain what has been going on for the last several months. Tears came down my face as I typed the words IVF, new job and cancer. Although my unintentional hiatus seemed like a welcome change: no blogging, no checking blogs, no journaling, no tracking days or symptoms. In the process I feel like I have been absent from my own life.

So, I'm back.

I'm working out. I'm knitting. I'm connecting with friends. I'm listening to music that nourishes my heart. I'm carving out quiet time for my husband.

No comments: