Friday, July 17, 2009

Better

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all give me strength!!

The D&C went pretty well...as well as a D&C can get I suppose. One of my friends just started working in same day surgery, so she was the nurse that took care of me (she is also an infertile with beautiful twin girls via IVF). It was such a relief not to have to put on a brave face or tell my story. There were only two glitches today. One was when I was in the waiting room before the D&C and a woman parked her double stroller with her two kids under the age of 2 right in front of me....I promptly told C I needed to move and we went to the opposite side of the waiting room. And the second was the nurse anesthetist arguing with me on whether or not I really had aspiration pneumonia from an exploratory lap back in 2007. He was challenging me saying things like "well how do you know for sure that it was aspiration pneumonia?" Well, idiot, it is because that is what the doctor told me it was...I'm sorry that I didn't bring the medical records from that particular surgery to prove it to you. Then he says "well it sounds like the doctor was grasping at straws for a reason for the pneumonia". My DH, my rock, speaks up and says "you know what, my wife is having an emotionally difficult procedure this morning, could you please be sensitive?" What a guy!

I feel pretty run down, but physically mostly okay. I'm planning on taking an ambien tonight as I slept most of today and don't want to be up all night. As long as I continue to feel alright, I'll probably be using some of my time off from work to visit my parents on Cape Cod...as well as drink a fair amount of wine.

Good night all!

6 comments:

Michele said...

good for hubs for speaking up! that is wonderful.

sending you hugs and healing.

Alyssa said...

I found you through Mel's lost and found this morning. We seem to have a lot in common, from loss to growing up a Sox fan. I grew up in Boston and now live in NH.

I'm very sorry for everything you're going through right now. I wish you the best of luck with everything moving forward. Taking time off (and a vacation) definitely helped me with getting my head back to a better place after my loss.

Alyssa

Anonymous said...

HUGS my love, been away but thinking of you :(

xxx

Anonymous said...

thinking of you lady and hoping you're feeling more comfortable.

bb said...

Sorry I was missing a few days ago when you had the u/s. You have been in my thoughts, and I know you are in a very difficult place. If anything could help, I wish it for you... even if it's just a little time for yourself. You are stronger than I can even imagine, and I hope you find some peace. As someone said to me, there is no fairness in this situation - only time.

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry-- I haven't been online much, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer my hugs to you sooner. You're on my mind.