Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overwhelmed

I'm overwhelmed at the response I got to my last post....Thank you all so much - it means the world to me knowing that I am not alone. I'm in that weird place where I want my friends to know about what is going on, but I don't want to talk to anyone...blogging makes this grieving process much easier. I don't have to worry about breaking down and crying at any given moment during conversation. I'm so sick of crying!! It's not even cathartic anymore, all it does is make me feel more sad and pathetic.

Nancy, I guess it's too late to question the early testing now. I stopped my progesterone on Monday and I started spotting lightly yesterday, full blown AF today. My nurse did tell me early on that if the first test was <1 class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">dpET) was 27. I'm walking that fine line of trusting that "they" know what the hell they are doing, and advocating for myself. I'm so tired of being on high alert for every-freakin-thing.

I made my appointment for my cycle review. Right now the appointment is set for Nov 26, unless there is a cancellation. I guess I will bring up the whole DE issue, although I don't think we are really candidates - so far we have have good stimulation and good non-ICSI fertilization. According to preliminary assessment by my nurse, there is not much that they would change next cycle...I'm just gambling with the percentages. Looks like January will be go time again. I have enough warning that I think I am going to try to schedule some honest to goodness vacation time during ER and ET. That would certainly help with decreasing my stress level during that time.

My parents are in town, we don't have any crazy projects planned like we usually do. Tonight it's pumpkin carving and tomorrow is Cranberry Apple Walnut Pancakes - yum. Oh, and it snowed today....yes SNOWED! Z was running around this morning yelling "it's wintertime!"

So anyway, I'm off to get ready for the great pumpkin carving fest - I will be indulging in wine tonight. Perhaps I will wait to pop the cork until all the sharp knives are put away, last thing I need is a trip to the ER.

5 comments:

nancy said...

I totally understand. And I'm sure you didn't "ruin" anything by stopping the cycle early, just that I definitely wouldn't pull any more plugs until at least the equivalent of 14dpo (11dp3dt or 9dp5dt) because although rare, late implantation can happen. I was just so shocked to see them declare it at such an early stage.

Have fun with your activities and it definitely looks like a good plan to have some real vacation time for the next cycle.

Hey, it snowed here last night too. I need to go look at where you are!

nancy said...

Ah. Vermont is really far away from colorado :)

Totally off topic, I was looking at the complete list of presidential candidates and saw a guy from "The marijuana party" from Vermont. And when we (it was a slow day at work last night!) looked up his website, his platform was "We need to have more cows in Vermont. There needs to be more cows than people." It was cracking us up. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

It snowed?! Awesome. Maybe ski season will start early again...

Elle Charlie said...

Ooooo, snow! Already!?

It sounds like you have a nice time planned with your parents - relaxing and fun.

I think blogging can be so helpful during all this stuff... I can totally relate to wanting to vent and write about it but not necessarily wanting to talk about it...

Still thinking of you, hoping you're feeling a little bit better today.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today. Hugs.