Monday, March 31, 2008

Comments, protocols and a birthday party

So I've turned on the "moderate comments" button. Never in a million years would I think that my little blog would turn into the internet's version of telemarketing. Okay, so I've only had two comments like that, but it is still a little disturbing.



Last weekend I went to the birthday party of one of my best friend's little girl. This of course is the little girl that was conceived 6 months after we first started trying. In some ways time is passing so quickly. Of course when it comes to getting going with this first IVF, it is taking forever! I have been off clomid for several months and my cycle had just started to get regular again - 28 days on the nose. Then we throw in a clomid challenge this month and just because I had them laying around the house I did OPKs this month as well. Unfortunately I didn't have enough OPKs to make a pin point determination about when I surged, but I think I am on a 32 day cycle this month.



I don't have my protocol yet, all I know is my IVF nurse told me it would be about 7 weeks from AF to ET. The only thing I know for sure is BCPs starting cd 1-3 and lasting for about 3 weeks. I am expecting a lot during the meeting next Wed with the RE. We don't know meds or cost (even though everything will be covered, we have to pay for the meds out of pocket then get reimbursed). Frankly, I'm a little disappointed with the IVF nurse so far. For example: I was originally anticipating AF this past weekend, and the only instructions I got after my mock transfer was to call on cd 1 so I could start BCPs. I had to call her last week and ask if I should get a prescription called in just in case AF came over the weekend. It seems that she should be thinking proactively about these things. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I have never done injectables and from everything that I read, timing of meds is critical. Am I expecting too much?

No comments: