Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The long awaited warm and fuzzies

I finally got a large dose of much needed warm and fuzzies. Yesterday we had an IVF mandated session with a psychologist. We had no idea what to expect. It turned out to be almost 2 hours with a fantastic woman. She was getting our background, general life experiences and our expectations for the IVF process. She spent a lot of time on what we needed from the IVF team to calm our nerves. I guess I come across as a bit compulsive because she said that from what she could see, not only do my ducks need to be in a row, they need to be dressed, groomed and with manicures. Hmmmm....okay so maybe I should lighten up a bit. The beauty of this meeting was that she will take all of this information back to "the team". She is part of a weekly IVF meeting that discusses each case. I really feel she will be an advocate for me and I feel that there is a sort of safety net for us in case I lose it.

So with that meeting complete, I am just waiting for AF. During the ultrasound last week I had the tech look specifically at my left ovary to see if that looked like my ovulating side this month. She did in fact see the largest follicle on the left so C and I have been giving it the last natural go round.

We are off to my parent's house for Easter this weekend. We are calling this the "Easter Olympics" because they have so much planned for us to do in 2 days that we will pretty much be going from venue to venue. On the agenda so far is: ice skating, swimming, boccie, kite flying, croquet, egg hunt, egg decorating, and bowling. Some of the activities will be weather dependent, but my mom suggested playing bocci in the basement if needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.