Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Meet my friends Dense and Lumpy

I was due for a pap, and the RE wanted to get one in before I cycled. Next thing I know, it turned into a regular annual physical. "Your b.reasts are dense and lumpy" says the APRN. "Gee, thanks!" says me. I made the mistake and said that I would soon be having a mammogram. "Oh, you don't need that until you are 40". "I will turn 40 next month" says me...silly, silly me. Next thing I know, it is 4 days later and I am standing in a small room with a stranger manipulating my b.reasts and squishing them into what I believe was a large playdoh fun factory set up. It wasn't so bad I guess....

I started Lupron today- 20 units. We are on our way!

2 comments:

bb said...

Ugh! I had a mammogram a few years ago after my internist found something dense and lumpy in left boob. I'm hoping to skip it on a go-forward basis.

YAY for Lupron (or as yay as yay can get for Lupron)!!!!!!!!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

This title cracks me up. I'll need to be reminded to have a sense of humor when I go for a mammogram someday.

Yeah for Lupron starting!! I'm hoping this is it for you.