Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Holding pattern

I'm in this drawn out holding pattern of down regulation. This part seems to take so long. So now I am down to 10u of L.upron in the am. My attitude about this cycle is so different. Last time I could rattle off all the dates in my head, I knew exactly when I was working and whether or not I was going to have to do my own AM injections on those days. This time around I have to consult my IVF folder a million times to make sure when my u/s appointments are and when I'm decreasing my L.upron. My baseline u/s is this Thursday. Depending on what they find in the u/s I may or may not have bloodwork done on that same day. Stims will start on Saturday, and follow up u/s on Oct 3. Now that I am thinking about my schedule, the timing seems to be a bit bad as I am turning 40 (FORTY!!!) on Oct 1st. Nothing like being juiced up on hormones when I'm about to hit a milestone birthday that I dread. Now, I have never been one to make a big deal about my own birthday, and the numbers have never bothered me (except when I turned 27 - I had a hard time with that one and I have no idea why). But 40 (FORTY!!!) is a different story. Maybe it's the infertility, maybe it is just the number....but I'm freaking out a little bit!

Okay, I've calmed down for the moment.

Tonight I'm going out with for an honest to goodness girl's night out. Granted it is on a Tuesday and I have to work tomorrow, but I'll take it. It has been way too long since I've spent time with just girl friends that has nothing to do with work.

I'm already looking forward to transfer and I'm trying to plan ahead a little. I've read on some blogs that some RE prescribe valium or something similar on the day of transfer. My clinic has not prescribed anything, but I was thinking that might be beneficial for the anxiety of that day. Anyone have any input/experiences they could share with me on this subject?

3 comments:

bb said...

No advice for the stress. Just hope that all goes quickly in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you!

Both my transfers were done without valium. I wasn't stressed going into the first (because I didn't know what to expect), and the doc freaked me out about possibly needing to manipulate my cervix (and the last time he'd done that during an IUI it was more than a bit uncomfortable). The second time I was a little stressed, but the procedure went SO much easier physically (it was with the doc I liked better, anyway), and that was the cycle that worked. If they don't offer valium, I think you just have to go in with the best attitude you can-- practice relaxing your whole body and be the calmest you can.

Thinking about you!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Since this is my first IVF, no advice. I can look at my meds, but I don't remember valium.

Good luck with your baseline tomorrow!! Hope the girls night was fun.