Monday, May 19, 2008

Vertical

I am finally feeling up to sitting and even walking around without the need to brace my belly. I made a phone call to the clinic this morning as I was starting to get a little worried about OHSS. My pain for the last couple of days was high in my belly, almost to my ribs. I have been taking the Tylenol #3 pretty regularly to get some much needed rest.

11-12 (the RN was exactly sure) of my 14 eggs fertilized - yea! We will be doing a 5dt tomorrow at 11:30. I've got to remember to go easy on the water as I tend to take "full bladder" a little bit too literally. Even the RE during the mock transfer said "whoa, not THAT full". My clinic is not very forthright with information on embryo development, I guess I thought I would get an update to see how many are still hanging on. When I asked my nurse this morning if she had heard anything about how they were doing, she dashed over to the lab and came back with a vague response of "they are doing well and growing fine". hmmmm....hopefully I will find out the stats on all of them tomorrow.

We are planning on transferring no more that 2. Even though I know that multiples are a risk, they scare me. We have had a child together already - no interventions needed - so I am operating under the hope that these embryos will be happy to be back home and snuggle in with wild abandon. Delusional, maybe - but most of all hopeful. Anyone out there that is nearing 40 with an opinion about how many to transfer?

2 comments:

bb said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better!

By the way, I think transferring 2 on day 5 is smart. We transferred 3 on day 3. My RE suggested transferring 3, and DH talked a lot about it. We decided that given the odds of a successful pregnancy is small to begin with, we would take the chance of multiples.

Good luck on your transfer tomorrow!

rachel blog said...

good luck on your transfer and I'm thinking of you! You are very brave. Let's keep that OHSS away, far away.