Friday, May 30, 2008

Cautious....but VERY happy!

I've been avoiding blogging... not really sure why...because I have good news! I've been waiting so long to post this....I can officially add a BFP to my labels! My beta on the 27th was, well 27. 2nd beta yesterday was 97 - we've got tripling! I've been hearing "congratulations" each time the RN calls with my results, but when I press her a little for her impression she says that she is "cautiously optimistic"- a term that I think should be trade marked in this infertility industry.

I have to say, if I let my guard down, I have a good feeling about this. I have been feeling both ill and starving. I can't seem to get enough sleep and my bbs are huge! Except - yesterday I started spotting. Now I know this could just be implantation bleeding, especially since is seems to have stopped for the moment. But seeing any kind of blood is disconcerting. I have let myself look at my pregnancy book and I've even gone so far as to take a mental inventory of the maternity clothes that I have stashed in the attic. We told close family last night, but explained that we will continue to hold our breath for several more weeks...if not months. After the second beta, C let his guard down a little too and it was such a relief to see some raw emotion from him. He has not wanted to get his hopes up about any of this (he hasn't been pessimistic, just sort of middle of the road).

So, next beta is Monday, then possibly another one on Wednesday. The RN wanted to know what my work schedule was for the following week (week of the 9th) for an ultrasound. For now I am enjoying the change of pace - now I am googling pregnancy symptoms and beta results as opposed to side effects of menopur and 3dt vs 5dt. I am now looking at tickers and baby count downs and wondering - which one will I choose?

*addendum : I missed my blogiversary (sp?). I started blogging May 25th last year. Truthfully I never thought I would make it this long - for one reason or another. In honor of such an auspicious occasion, (both one year of blogging and the fact that at this very moment I am PREGNANT) I have decided to revamp my blog. The picture at the top is one that I took several years ago and is one of my favorites. I hope that seeing it frequently will remind me to get out there and do some of the things that have been missing in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing a little happy dance for you :) Fingers crossed that things continue to go very well!!!

bb said...

Woo Hoo!!!! YAY for great outcomes! Good luck and I wish you the best!