Sunday, June 7, 2009

2dp3dt

I'm a bad infertile. After reading some other blogs, I can't believe that I was complaining about my number of eggs and fertilization rate. There are so many out there that have their cycles cancelled at the last minute, or never make it retrieval, I should be appreciative of what I have had to work with over the last year.

I am now 2dp3dt. I called out from work today as I have been having some moderate cramping with pretty much any activity. Yesterday if I walked up the stairs, I would almost immediately start to cramp. I called the IF nurse on call and she said that even though the clinic does not officially have a bed rest policy following transfer, the cramping could be a sign that I am overdoing it and I need to take it easy. She also said that I shouldn't do anything that, if the cycle did not go well, I would regret doing. After talking with some co-workers today, they encouraged me to call out for tomorrow as well. I don't know why it is such a difficult decision for me....work can be physically grueling. Some days lunch consists of shoveling a sandwich down my gullet while standing next to the nurses' station, often times I don't have time to stay hydrated...let alone go to the bathroom. Then there are other days that requires busy work in the morning, then the afternoon is filled with chatting with co-workers. The problem is I never know how busy it will be (can't really predict when laboring women will be coming in). So my dilemma is that I feel pretty good, as long as I don't do anything...and when I don't do anything, I feel guilty. Anyone want to weigh in on whether or not I should call out for tomorrow? I've heard mixed opinions about bed rest and being inert...any insight would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Cara said...

No insight...just great hopes for you!!!

TWW - fly by!!

areyoukiddingme said...

As someone who hoards all the sick and vacation time I can, I understand your dilemma. On the other hand, if you took the day off for the sake of peace of mind, everyone profits. If your attention is elsewhere, you wouldn't have done your job properly. I know I'm a little late weighing in...