Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still here, still freaking out

Just a quick update. I'm 16 weeks, everything is looking great. All measurements, ultrasounds and heartbeat checks have been perfect. We told our families the news on Christmas Eve and put everyone in a tail spin. No one was expecting this news, it was a lot of fun to watch the reactions, especially considering that we thought that the idea of a surprise pregnancy announcement was never going to happen.

Now that aside, I can't get rid of the feeling that it can't be this good, and certainly not this easy. I lie in bed trying to feel movement and freaking out when I can't. There are days when I feel gross and huge and I'm reassured...then the next day I will feel physically great but mentally stressed because I'm sure the pregnancy has ended because I feel TOO good. And then there is the guilt, feeling awful about complaining when I am in the middle of a healthy spontaneous pregnancy. But I know that I can say these things here....because I know you understand...thanks for being there.

2 comments:

bb said...

SOOOOOO glad you finally posted. I've thought about you from time to time and wonder how you have been. So happy for you that this pregnancy is going so well!!!!! Congrats and best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.... I hope you will continue to post more often. {{hugs}}

Michele said...

But it CAN be this good. Praying that it will always be this good.