Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just kidding

So I saw one spot and declared yesterday cd1. Well, no such luck. Still awaiting for an out and out AF. Which will probably happen today, since it is a travel day and all, and the the first official day of our vacation.

So far it is not going off very well. Yesterday we travelled 2 1/2 hours to stay closer to the airport. We are not an early morning family and we would have had to get up around 4am to make our flight if we left directly from home. A friend of my husband owns a spare 2 family house that is currently vacant and only 20 minutes from the airport. We decided to stay there for the night, get up at 6 am and take a cab to the airport....sounds like a better plan right? Well, lets just say that the accommodations at this house are a bit lacking. C and I are/were sharing a full sized bed, scratch that, futon (vs. our gigantic king size bed at home). Z is sleeping on an egg crate mattress on the floor. The apartment is a nice sized 2 bedroom place, but it is mostly used as storage for C's friend. One false step could create a small avalache of boxes. So it is best to remain still in one area. I don't know if it was the bed, my head/neck ache, or the anticipation of missing the alarm, but I had the hardest time sleeping. I won't say that I didn't sleep at all, I think I did get in some cat napping. But at 3:00 am I finally gave up and got out of bed, cried a little and have been on the computer ever since (it is now 5:30...only 30 minutes before the alarm goes off!) Z has been up at least 3 times asking me to turn her music back on so she could go back to sleep. C had to get up and connect some cables so I could get on the internet.....my guess is that by 2 pm there will be a major meltdown...perhaps by me. So while I have the whole "Debbie Downer" act going, I will also mention that the forecast for Orlando today is Thunder Storms starting around noon (our plane is supposed to land at 11:49). These storms are to continue throughout the whole day....I am not liking the beginning of this vacation.

BUT, maybe my negativity is just because I have a headache, am freezing (wrapped in a large towel because I couldn't find any blankets...or the thermostat for that matter), anxious about AF, and have had no appreciable sleep. I need to just make up my mind to RELAX and enjoy. I will not complain about my early morning wakings or my sore/dizzy head (I'm putting that in writing, so I have to commit to it).

12 minutes until the alarm....better go get ready to wake up!

2 comments:

bb said...

Hoping you vacation is smooth sailing and you have the best time ever! {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Hope your vacation is going better & you're enjoying yourself!