Sunday, November 23, 2008

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley

Just when I didn't think I had anything to blog about whilst I was waiting for AF and next cycle to start.....

My cycle is all wonky this month! I ovulated at least a week late and am waiting with breath that is baited for AF to show up. If it is much later than Friday, I fear that ER/ET will be delayed a week. That wouldn't be so bad under normal circumstances but that would mean that 1. I would be dealing with AF during my vacation and most importantly 2. The 13 days that I took off of work will be ill timed. I had planned on taking the time off so that I would be stress free about calling out from work after ER if needed, as well as being able to rest for a few days after ET. My clinic does absolutely no kind of bedrest post ET (except for the day of), and I just think its a good idea to be off my feet for a few days, especially considering my job. I have an appointment with the RE for my official cycle review, although I have a feeling that we will not be changing much for this next cycle. In the meantime, I'm cursing myself a bit - silly me thinking I could do something like make a plan for next cycle nearly two months ahead of time.

On to more fun filled plans: our trip to Disney is in one week. I'm just about, no scratch that, I'm probably more excited than my daughter. I'm making C crazy with all of my planning - I just want this to be an amazing vacation, and as memorable as it can be to a 4 year old. It has been a nice distraction to infertility.

Thanksgiving is going to be a lost holiday this year. I work both Thursday and Friday, then we will leave our house Saturday and spend the night close to the airport since we have a pretty early flight. I will have a left over turkey dinner waiting for me when I get home from work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation... The rest will happen as it happens, but *you* get to (mostly) control your vacation. So don't overdo it and enjoy yourself!

nancy said...

It's cute you are more excited about disney than your daughter :)

About resting after ET, some clinic don't want you to rest because research has shown the increased blood flow from moving around actually helps. So make sure why your clinic doesn't want bedrest, there may be a reason. After my ET, I was on a plane to boston not more than 24 hours later.