Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stork

Don't get excited...it's not what you think.

I'm on hiatus at my parent's house for the week.  Then we are off to my brother's house for the weekend to celebrate my side of the family's Christmas.  The week has actually been busy, but with the kind of busy that is enjoyable.  Trips to the pool, the gym, making gingerbread houses.  In a rare moment that I was alone, I had a conversation with my DH that took a bad turn.  I don't want to get into details, lets just leave it by saying that I often feel like I can't live up to my husbands' idealistic expectations at Christmas.  We resolved (I hope) some hurt feelings, but I was still feeling a little blue.  Later I received another phone call from DH, thinking that it was going to more about the earlier conversation....but it was worse.  Our tree had fallen over and the water in the base soaked all of the presents that I had wrapped right before I left.  This event happened at about 11pm and C was up until 3 am cleaning up the mess.  He ended up putting a hook in the wall and stringing wire around the trunk to keep it stable.  We usually buy ornaments as souvenirs  of our travels so I was worried that some had broken.  Well, the ONLY ornament that broke was a glass stork that my MIL had given us a few years ago.  If that isn't appropriate I don't know what is.

2 comments:

rachel blog said...

man, I'm so sorry about your tree. That certainly sounds stressful and I hope nothing got permanently damaged. Yea for your hubby for cleaning it up. I know the holidays put pressures on people - wishing you a happy celebration, with peace.

Jen said...

that is ironic isn't it?

and the stress of the holidays... it seems as though we lily pad jump from one stress to another in this life.

i hope that is the last mishap u endure this christmas!

jen
www.ajourneyofhope.wordpress.com