Friday, October 5, 2007

Interiew and Stuff

I had an interview today with HR at the big scary hospital. (The APRN at the fertility clinic said that she didn't think I would have a problem getting the job...here's hoping.) The interview went well, although it was very formal in a way. She went down a list of questions, taking notes as I answered. Over all the whole process was a bit formulaic right down to my salary - which she literally plugged in my number of years (right down to the month) experience into a computer program and it spat out a number. Mind you it was a good number....about $4.00 per hour more than I am making now. Next step is an interview with the nurse manager. If all goes well, orientation would start Nov 26. Benefits would not be effective until Jan 1, so it looks like 2008 will be the earliest we can do IVF. I don't really know how I feel about all of this. I am not jumping out of my skin for this job, if it wasn't for the IVF I wouldn't even be looking. But it is a good opportunity, the benefits, the salary, clinical experience. Really the only cons in this situation is that I like my current job and the 1 hour commute. Anyway, back to IF stuff.

I had a follow up with after we got all our blood work and SA results. Here they are:

CD3 FSH - 4.9 (yippee)

CD10 FSH - 5.0

CD3 estrogen- 31

SA count - 125 million

morphology 6%



Essentially other than my age and lack of a fallopian tube, everything is peachy keen. Although, they are still recommending IVF. As the APRN said my "window is closing". So we have an appointment on November 5th with the actual RE (a woman - yay). Then we will decide on when we actually want to start the process. A big part of this is the potential for starting a new job. I don't really want to be the new kid on the block and immediately have to ask for time off, on the other hand, I don't really want to wait too much longer either.

No comments: